September 20, 2019- It’s never too late to reinvent yourself. Take it from Paul Tasner who worked for other people for 40 years, before he founded his own start-up at age 66, pairing his idea for a business with his experience and passion! Check out the video below:
September 18 , 2019– Did you know that there are four types of writing styles? Every time we (writers) pick up a pen, we’re on a mission! Knowing all four types of writing styles and how to use them is essential for getting your message across to readers.
- Narrative– The style that we all know and love! The main purpose of the narrative writing style is to tell a story. Novellas, Short Stories, Biographies, Poetry, and Novels are all good examples of this style. Simply put, narrative writing style answers the question, “Then what happened?”
- Expository-This style explains or informs. The opinion of the writer is usually left out of this type of writing and it’s very subject-oriented. Textbooks, How To Instructions, Manuals, and Recipes are all good examples of expository writing.
- Persuasive-Persuasion is the main purpose of this style. It always contains the opinions/biases of the author and it’s meant to convince the reader of something. Advertisements, Opinion Columns, Resume Cover Letters, and Reviews are common persuasive styles.
- Descriptive-Descriptive writing focuses on the details of a character, event, or place and it often incorporates the five senses. Good examples of this style are Poetry and Journaling.
So now that you know the four styles of writing, which style do you use most often? I challenge you to step out of your comfort zone and write in a different style this week!
September 13, 2019- This YouTube video about the History of Writing is awesome from Extra History! Check it out below. Remember to follow our channel Pandamonium Publishing House on YouTube for writing tips, tricks, and marketing advice for authors!
September 11, 2019– Today, our guest blogger is Tim Ford. Check out his post below about his work, current and upcoming projects, and some insight into his success.
My name is Tim Ford, and I am a writer. I believe everyone has a story inside them to tell. For yours truly, I have several. Having said this, it took many years to realize my words, or thought process was not just some mumble jumble of words on paper.
Three things specifically helped me to move forward:
# 1, Confidence in myself. Like with anything in life, confidence is either your best friend, or worse enemy. I have never taken a course on creative writing, in fact when I was in high school, it was all about the girls, sports, partying. Hey, it was the 70s.
# 2, Music. Now just bear with me. When I hear a song, or even a certain note, it consumes me. I am drawn into it like a dream. I can feel the pain, joy, violence, sexuality. When I write, I also need the perfect song to draw me in. To put me into almost a manic mode, riding that note like a surfer would to shore.
# 3, Editor, this is what completes me as a writer. They tie up my loose end. The majority of my writing takes place at nighttime, and I mean right up till the sun comes up. The fatigue will open up another dimension of writing, but sometimes I am throwing darts all around the bulls eye, but I can’t nail it. The perfect editor, they guide my hand, and put me in the bulls eye.
I currently have several projects on the go. On February 7, 2016. I released the first book in a series called “Strong, A Warriors Journey Through Hell And Back. It is about the making of a career criminal. That book is title Santa Dies Once Again. The opening scene takes place in 1991. Main character is being interviewed by the cops, they give him the option of the electric chair, lethal injection, or become a rat. The whole series goes back to how and why he got himself into this clusterfuck of a mess. Other published books in the series are “Summer of Love – Fall of Hate”, “A Jungle Is Still A Jungle”, “Criminology 101”, and to be released this fall, “Chasing Dragons – Slaying Demons”. I am currently in book 12 of this series.
I was also lucky enough to pitch an idea to Lacey Bakker of Pandamonium Publishing House about a DNA conspiracy book. So many twists, you will need a chiropractor after reading this. This book is being written 3rd person along side Lacey… Something I have never done before, but with Lacey’s guidance, and yes support, things are progressing quite well.
Also started a stand-alone book about a 39-year-old strait-laced Canadian who has an affair with an 19 year old American hippie. This takes place in 1969. And it also has to do with the music scene back then. So, you know my heart and soul is truly going to be into this.
Thanks for having a look.
Keep Rocking, Tim Ford.
September 4, 2019– Wow! This is so cool; check out this video of how Scar became…well, Scar! I’m always interested in the villains of the story. There is a reason why they are the way that they are.
Are you doing this?
August 30, 2019– It’s ME! In this video I talk about three simple things that you can do to market yourself as a self-published author. Subscribe to our channel on YouTube Pandamonium Publishing House if you want to see more content!
August 28, 2019– I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately…I know, I know, uh oh! But seriously, I’ve been re-evaluating some things in my life and I’m not sure it’s because Mercury is in retrograde or that the stars aren’t aligned, but what I do know is that I feel stuck. July has been a hell of a month and I’ve received a ton of good news! Something inside me is tugging me toward the end of the year; I can’t explain it, but for some reason this month, for me, seems to be moving backward.
In a nutshell, I’m bored AF with the routine that I have going on. It’s strange to think that perhaps I’m finally organized and maybe this is what it feels like to have some kind of pattern in my life. Maybe I just need to have more fun. Whatever it is, I need a change. And before you shout, “Girl…DO NOT GET BANGS!,” chill, I would never go to that extreme. I LOVE what I do, so it’s not that…and I feel like I should be careful what I wish for because I have a pretty killer track record of manifesting what I want.
It’s time to take risks, it’s time to think big, and it’s time to get uncomfortable and out of my comfort zone. I’m making some huge changes for the way that I conduct business, the direction of my company, and what I want for the future. I’m sick of the small moves, the ones that bring no rewards, the moves that are lateral, and the lack of growth both personally and professionally. It’s time for a change…a big one, so stay tuned…I’ll let you know what it is when I figure it out.
Here’s my routine…what’s yours?
August 23, 2019– Quick, what is something you’ve always wanted to do, but haven’t done? Too often we have a list of things that we set out to accomplish, but the list never gets finished, or worse, we never start. Today, I have an exercise for you to complete! Check it out below:
- Dream BIG! The bigger the better! Decide what you want to do and make sure that it’s huge. Examples could be, sign a publishing deal for your manuscript, to have an article that you wrote featured in a major magazine, or to travel internationally to a writing conference. Whatever it is, make sure you really want it!
- Set a timeline. I personally use the 30-day rule. I set a goal and give myself 30 days to accomplish it. It’s realistic and gives me enough time to get to work on what I’ve set out to do. Without a timeline, you don’t have anything to work toward and even if you don’t fully reach your goal, you’re going to be a heck of a lot closer than you were!
- Be bold and take steps toward your goal every day. Remind yourself of your goal constantly and do at least one thing each day to help yourself reach it! Let’s use the example above and your dream is to sign a publishing deal for your manuscript, what have you done today to help realize that dream? Have you made a list of publishers to query? Have you polished your query letter? Have you done your research on which publishers fit with your submission? You get the point!I challenge you to dream big and take the necessary steps to turn your dream into reality! Get started today, you’ll be glad you did. X LLB