October 1, 2020- A few weeks back, we had posted a photo writing prompt on our blog asking readers to send in a 500-word short story, poem, or journal entry about what Autumn means to them. Here is the entry we’ve chosen, written by Kinga Ulazka McDonald:
September 14, 2020– It seems that in our part of the world (North America), that fall is here! The weather has changed drastically almost overnight, and there has been a decrease in temperature that is downright chilly. This time of year brings such a change in nature, and I fully embrace the season with all of my senses.
The writing prompt for today is Autumn. When I think of Autumn I think of:
- Leaves changing colour to orange, brown, rust, gold, and red
- Apple cider/apple picking
- Pumpkins/pumpkin patch
- Blankets, sweaters, fuzzy socks, and scarves
- A good book
- Warm drinks and artisan coffee
Here’s an easy writing exercise to get you in the mood for fall:
- Make a list of everything that reminds you of Autumn.
- Use the list you’ve made to write a 500-word short story, poem, or journal entry.
- Submit your story to email@example.com for a chance to be featured on our blog on Thursday, October 1st!
October 4, 2019– I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, cozy romance books are my guilty pleasure. With the weather turning cooler and my favourite holiday (should be) in precisely twenty-seven days, romance is in the air! Snuggle up and read with one of my favourite books to get you in the mood for autumn. Happy Reading! X LLB