December 31, 2020-This year was different, to say the least! No one could have predicted what 2020 was going to look like, but we got through it and we didn’t just “get through it” we flourished. Here are some of the highlights from 2020 from Pandamonium Publishing House-we couldn’t have done this without you, our loyal supporters. Thank you for everything.
- We signed a bunch of new authors: Regan McAulay, Dale Shipley, Tonya Cartmell, Alex Goubar, Rachel Adema-Hannes, Annie Kittiphanh, and Paul Moscarella bring mega talent to our team! Welcome aboard and thank you for creating such awesome works. We can’t wait to collaborate again soon on new projects.
- We created new books: 17 to be exact not including our client projects! From One Christmas to the Next by K.G. Watson and Alex Goubar, Inside Looking Out by Tim Ford, Acts of Kindness by collaborative authors, Machinia by Paul A. Moscarella and Alex Goubar, The Celestial Squid by Alex Goubar, Lost and Monkey Around by Rachel Adema-Hannes and Erin Cutler, The 12 Days of Rescue by Tonya Cartmell and Emily James, The Midas Haircut by Lacey L. Bakker and Emily Keown, The Magic Pumpkin Farmer by Lacey L. Bakker and Alex Goubar, The Clouds Above Lamasol Island by Alex Goubar, Dealer by Annie Kittiphanh and Alex Goubar, Life Supports by K.G. Watson and Alex Goubar, Becoming James Cass by L.L. Colling and Alex Goubar, Grandma’s Table by Michelle Pontefract and Erin Cutler, The Adventures of Milan and Friends; Baseball Bedlam by Lacey L. Bakker and Alex Goubar, Advice from a Publisher by Lacey L. Bakker and Alex Goubar, and Acts of Remembrance by Engelina Hummel, K.G. Watson, and Alex Goubar.
- We increased our website traffic: As of 8 am this morning, we’ve had 17, 267 views of our website which was an increase of +106% over last year, 10, 259 visitors which was an increase of +160% over last year, 129 likes which was an increase of +93% over last year, and 38 comments which was an increase of +52% over last year.
- We did a collaborative book: Acts of Kindness was a collaborative book by many authors from Canada and the US. Authors shared their stories of how kindness touched their lives with heartwarming and sometimes heartbreaking experiences. Thank you so much to each contributor, we appreciate you! Keep spreading kindness. We’ll be working on another collaborative book in 2021, stay tuned for details!
- We had 5 best sellers: The 12 Days of Rescue by Tonya Cartmell and Emily James, The Adventures of Milan and Friends; Baseball Bedlam by Lacey L. Bakker and Alex Goubar, Advice from a Publisher by Lacey L. Bakker and Alex Goubar, The Magic Pumpkin Farmer by Lacey L. Bakker and Alex Goubar, and Becoming James Cass by Lacey L. Bakker and Alex Goubar. Thank you SO much for supporting our work, Canadian authors, artists, and illustrators! I am absolutely sure that 2021 will bring us more bestsellers, we can’t wait:)
- We started a book club: Pandamonium Publishing House International Book Club was born and we have readers from around the globe! In 2020 we read authors from 6/7 continents and in 2021 we’ll be reading and discussing our own CANADIAN authors which we couldn’t be more excited about! Currently, we have 225 members and hope to increase our membership each year with membership reaching 1,000 by 2025.
- We started a subscription book box: This was a super fun option to set up for our readers! We currently have 127 subscribers that receive books each month on a variety of subjects, genres, and authors. We hope to grow our membership steadily over the years and have 1,000 members by 2025.
To all of our readers, subscribers, supporters, and people cheering us on-YOU matter to us. Without all of you, we wouldn’t be able to do what we love. Thank you for believing in our business and for championing Canadian artists, authors, and illustrators. We appreciate you and it’s a pleasure to write for you.
To our clients-THANK, YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You make us a better business and we are so thankful for you and your trust in our company. We are so happy to work with you and help bring your wonderful stories to life. We adore you all!
To my team-You are an epic group of individual voices with unique experiences that give you so much power as authors, illustrators, and artists. Without each one of you, there would be no Pandamonium Publishing House. Your hard work, positivity, and work ethic are inspiring and uplifting on my darkest days. All of you keep me going during the toughest challenges. THANK YOU Tamara Botting, Tim Ford, Michelle Pontefract, Alex Goubar, Erin Cutler, Rachel Adema-Hannes, Christopher Botting, Ken Watson, Tonya Cartmell, Paul A. Moscarella, Samantha Ramos, Annie Kittiphanh, Gina Nateo, and Maryanne Smith. It is an absolute honour to work alongside each one of you; thank you for believing in me and in Pandamonium Publishing House. YOU who make this company a pleasure to lead and remind me that I have a great responsibility to each of you.
Happy 2021! Wishing you much success, happiness, and love, now and always. X LLB