January 29, 2020– Could your next book idea be right in front of your nose? Absolutely! While I was writing this post a few weeks ago, I scanned the headlines online from around the world. Here are a few of them that inspired the inner writer in me:
- Woman wakes up to find intruder in her bedroom.
- Man drives off cliff and escapes with no injuries in ‘Miracle’ Crash.
- Baby born during record blizzard, last name Snow.
- Huge asteroid expected to skim past Earth today.
- Fly me to the moon for an out of this world date.
Inspiration is everywhere! Using news headlines is a great way to beat writer’s block and to get the creative writing juices flowing. Sometimes all it takes is a bit of a nudge from international headlines to write your next best seller! I challenge you to find two headlines and write a 500-word short story for each. If you want to really challenge your writing muscles, merge the two headlines together and start writing. X LLB