September 9, 2021– During September, we’re focusing on continuing education and how it can help you reach new heights in your career as an author or aspiring author. Today we’re talking about 5 reasons to continue your author education!
- More Opportunity-Writers who continue their education are more likely to get opportunities from their work; they’ve done their homework and put in the hours to learn what they need to improve on to get published! Publishers love educated authors because it shows us that you care enough to strive for excellence in your career through continued learning.
- More Money-The more you learn, the more you earn! Right now, you’ve gone as far as you can with what you know; any progress you make from this moment onward regarding your income or an improvement in your writing will require that you learn and practice something new and different. If you want to make more money, you have to offer more value to your readers, publisher, and team, and continuing education will help you do just that! Ongoing personal and professional development will always pay the bills.
- More Networking-Continuing education allows authors to attend more networking events and meet new and like-minded writers at conferences, workshops, and classes. Continuing ed events encourage authors to break into groups, participate in beta-testing, and forge lifelong friendships. What’s not to like about that?
- More Experiences– Have you ever been to a writer’s retreat in Algonquin park? Did your new novel ‘force’ you to attend a wine tasting at a chateau in France for research? Maybe your new book put you in touch with a law enforcement agent for a ride-along so that you could get up close and personal with the job that your main character has? All of these things and more have been experienced by real authors who have continued their education worldwide and in all different capacities. To say that education opens doors would be an understatement!
- More Fun-Continuing your education can send you to different places around the world to study! I’ve been to conferences all over the place. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and the sights I’ve seen, from the Natural History Museum in England to Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic Theatre in New York to TD Garden in Boston to catch a home game and everywhere in between. If you’re already in these awesome places for a writer’s workshop or conference, why not take full advantage of your surroundings and have a ton of fun!
So, those are some pretty good reasons to continue your education as an author! You never know where knowledge will lead. Check out our courses and products here: www.pandamoniumpublishing.com/shop
with more coming soon!