March 7, 2019– Hi Friends, check out our latest podcast! Short, sweet, and to the point, you’ll find out how I reached some of my goals with this simple method. Thanks for tuning in! Click on the link below to listen in.
February 18, 2019– Today we’re talking about book reviews; wait a second, there is a format for writing a book review? Let’s get real, there are formats for every piece of writing that you could ever think of!
Book reviews offer you a chance to share your perception of a book’s good and bad parts and to share info with other readers that they may find useful. Of course, book reviews also allow others to decide whether they should read the book themselves.
Here are the do’s and don’ts of writing a book review:
- Do provide a general overview of the book. Include the author, title, publication info such as the publisher and year of publication, and genre. In a few sentences us a taste of the book and your overall opinion of it.
- Do say WHY you liked or disliked the book. Be specific! What did you love about it? What did you hate about it? What could have made it better?
- Do take a stand. The whole point of a book review is to make a recommendation to your reader. Remember that it is possible to like and dislike parts of the same book! Don’t be afraid to share your opinion!
- Don’t give too much away. If you’re reviewing fiction don’t give away key points of plot or the ending or twists that could ruin it for other readers.
- Don’t make your review too long. A paragraph or two will do. Pick the thing that interests you most and the thing that you think will most interest your readers.
- Don’t be a jerk. If you didn’t enjoy the book, that’s fine, but don’t be insulting. Let your reader know why you were disappointed in the book while still being calm and unemotional.
So there you have it! I look forward to reading your reviews online for some books I’m thinking of reading!
October 30, 2017- I know that Halloween isn’t until tomorrow, but I thought that I’d share some fun news from Pandamonium Publishing House! Next year, just in time for Halloween, The Adventures of Milan and Friends (Trouble with Trolls) will be published. This book will be available for A LIMITED TIME in a LIMITED QUANTITY as a COLLECTOR’S EDITION to celebrate my favourite time of year! Be sure to get your copy and feel free to contact me if you’d like to go on a pre-release list.
This children’s picture book is geared towards children in the age range of 3-5+ and will be available in major bookstores as well as online through Amazon.com and Amazon.ca.
Stay tuned for sketches, later next summer, as well as sneak peeks behind the scenes of character development and illustration. I’ll also be releasing some information about each character and what the inspiration is behind it!
Thank you so much to each and every person who continues to support my work and who make it possible for me to do what I love. Without you all, there would be no point.
October 16, 2017- I’d like to start by saying thank you to each and every writer who submitted their manuscripts and concepts for consideration with Pandamonium Publishing House. I’d also like to say that 2018 is going to be an exciting year for us and we’ll be developing innovative material, new genres that we’ve never done before, and new talent. I can’t wait for you all to meet some new authors and illustrators that will hopefully be coming aboard shortly! Stay tuned for announcements to see what the future holds for Pandamonium Publishing House. Thank you for everything.
October 12, 2017- Today is the day; We’ll be seeing you at the Binbrook Fairgrounds and boy, do we have some awesome treats to give away! Visit our Pandamonium Publishing House Booth to meet author Tamara Botting of Unfrogged and Duncan from Deer Diary who will both be signing copies of their books. The fun starts at 5:00 pm and goes until 9:00 pm. Enter our Spooktacular draw for an awesome prize just in time for Halloween! See you tonight!
June 7, 2017- The week is marching on and before we know it, Saturday, June 10th will be here! That means that you can catch us at Concession Street Fest from 11 am to 7 pm at our booth with my book Panda the Very Bad Cat. You can even win 2 passes to FLYING SQUIRREL TRAMPOLINE PARK in Hamilton by entering a draw when you see us on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. Oh, and one more thing, Panda the Very Bad Cat is going into the Pandamonium Publishing House vault on October 1, 2017! That means that you won’t be able to get it after that until I decide to re-release it! Get your copy this weekend if you haven’t already. A portion of the proceeds from each book sold is donated to animals in need. See you soon!
As many of you know, Pandamonium Publishing House first released Panda the Very Bad Cat as it’s flagship title. We’re so excited to announce our next project which is a middle-grade novel by author Tamara Botting! Her book is called Unfrogged, and you can expect it in stores this summer. Official release date for Unfrogged is July 1, 2017 but stay tuned for cover art of Unfrogged by Christopher Botting…yes, they are related;)