October 1, 2020- A few weeks back, we had posted a photo writing prompt on our blog asking readers to send in a 500-word short story, poem, or journal entry about what Autumn means to them. Here is the entry we’ve chosen, written by Kinga Ulazka McDonald:
September 14, 2020– It seems that in our part of the world (North America), that fall is here! The weather has changed drastically almost overnight, and there has been a decrease in temperature that is downright chilly. This time of year brings such a change in nature, and I fully embrace the season with all of my senses.
The writing prompt for today is Autumn. When I think of Autumn I think of:
- Leaves changing colour to orange, brown, rust, gold, and red
- Apple cider/apple picking
- Pumpkins/pumpkin patch
- Blankets, sweaters, fuzzy socks, and scarves
- A good book
- Warm drinks and artisan coffee
Here’s an easy writing exercise to get you in the mood for fall:
- Make a list of everything that reminds you of Autumn.
- Use the list you’ve made to write a 500-word short story, poem, or journal entry.
- Submit your story to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured on our blog on Thursday, October 1st!