December 24, 2018– We work extremely hard around here and as an author, you do too! I’m going
- I’m not enjoying what I’m doing anymore. Yep, this is a sure sign that I need a break from working. I LOVE what I do, I appreciate the business that I’m in, and I love to work. I know that when I’m not loving things anymore and I’m struggling to get through my fifteen hour days, that it’s time for a break.
- I want to stay in bed. Ugh, my day usually begins anywhere from 5:00 am to 6:00 am depending on what I’ve got on my schedule. Usually, I jump out of bed and can’t wait to get my day started, but when I’m in need of a break, I find that I’m sleeping longer and hitting the snooze button on my alarm. My body and my brain are telling me that it’s time to rest.
- I have major writer’s block. Words usually flow like a faucet when I’m writing and when I’m working on something I love like blogging. When I’m out of steam, I find that the words are difficult to find, I can’t put words on paper, and it takes me forever to get anything done. The blog posts this week, for example, have taken me almost two weeks to complete. Usually, it takes me a week to write ALL of the blog posts for the MONTH.
- I’ve lost my motivation and avoid important tasks while focusing on useless projects. This is a huge sign that I’m in desperate need of respite. Yeah, I’ve got two books to write, four manuscripts to edit, three shows to get ready for, and task, after task, after task on my to-do list, but do you know what I’m going to do instead? I’m going to clean out a junk drawer that has been in the kitchen. GAHHHHHH!
- I get crabby, and the little things set me off. WHY IS THERE NO PERIOD HERE? I scream into a random manuscript on my desk. Whoa, take it easy, it’s not a big deal, it’s all going to be ok. When it’s time for a break from it all, the little things will drive me insane. Walk away from the desk and put down the pen for a while, my sanity depends on it.
So, with all being said, it’s time for me to rest, relax, and recuperate over the next few days so that I can be well rested for our big plans in 2019! From all of us at Pandamonium Publishing House, we wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas, and a Safe and Happy Holiday.