July 3, 2020– I was listening to Spotify a couple of days ago, and a song came on that’s been around for a while, but I never listened to the lyrics until now. One of the verses said, “…the sharp knife of a short life, well I’ve had just enough time.” This tiny sentence made me think long and hard about things and what I’m doing with my own life as a business owner, entrepreneur, and author.
I think that the point of our lives is to touch the lives of other people and to leave them a little better off than how we found them. It’s to build something that outlives us and to leave a legacy to our families that they can be proud of; that’s why I think that everyone should write a book.
There are so many things to write about, and if you’ve ever thought about writing a book, I urge you to reach out to us! We can help make it a reality send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Memoir-One specific event/aspects of the writer’s life. This could be something that you’ve overcome in your life or something that was very special to you, beating an addiction, a special talent, or long lost love rekindled. Of course, this is very personal, and you can choose any event of your life that meant the most to you. (Acts of Remembrance, by KG Watson and Engelina Aasman Hummel) is a great example of this!) Check it out here: https://pandamoniumpublishing.com/product/acts-of-remembrance-by-k-g-watson-and-engelina-aasman-hummel/
- Autobiography-The writer’s entire life organized chronologically. From your birth to present day, you’ll cover the events and people that shaped you into who you are today.
- Family Recipes-Do you remember making peach pie in your grandmother’s kitchen? What about recipes that have been passed down in your family for generations? What dish are you always asked to bring to celebrations? (Fun fact Grandma’s Table by Michelle Pontefract, illustrated by Erin Cutler combines family recipes and a children’s book! Check it out here: https://pandamoniumpublishing.com/product/grandmas-table/
- Family History/Family Tree-Do you know your history? Where do you come from? Who are you historically related to? Are there family members that you’ve never met before?
- Children’s book-Writing this type of book is magical because you’ll be able to have your kids, grandkids, nieces/nephews, godchildren etc. read your words before bed. Talk about a special connection! Imagine having a hand in igniting a child’s love for literacy with your stories…that’s a big deal.
- Journal-Was there a time in your life that you reflected on through journaling? Maybe it was the birth of a child or a special event or having to say goodbye to someone you loved.
Write the book. Do it while there is still time because it’s important, and the legacy you leave matters.
*If you’d like more information on how the experts at Pandamonium Publishing House can help you with your book, email us at email@example.com.