January 13, 2021-As we continue our Best Seller Bootcamp this month, we’ll focus on a number of topics. Today we’ll be chatting about Guerilla Marketing and what it is, how to use it, and why it matters to your best-seller success.
What it is: Guerilla Marketing is defined as innovative, unconventional, and low-cost marketing techniques aimed at obtaining maximum exposure for a product. So, if that’s the definition, how do we use this as authors to promote our books? And to top it off, there is so much noise online right now, how do we cut through it so that our stuff gets noticed?
How to use it: Imagination is more important than budget. The purpose of Guerilla Marketing is to generate buzz-worthy word-of-mouth that is repeatable. You want to get people talking about your book. A word to the wise, ensure that your message is clear because mysterious, muddled messages will get people talking about the wrong thing. Some great examples of Guerilla marketing for authors include things like:
- Dress up as a character from your book and hand out samples, press releases, and promotional items that are clearly branded with the cover of your work and where people can find your books!
- Think outside the bookstore. Years ago, when Neal Pollack released his first book, “The Neal Pollack Anthology of American Literature,” he did a reading in the bathroom of a train station; 15 people showed up to the reading, but the story of an author doing a reading in a bathroom went viral and helped sell more books.
- Make it fun and interactive. If your book is a mystery or a middle-grade adventure novel, why not create something fun like a treasure hunt in different parts of your city! Get people to send in photos of the treasures you’ve hidden in order to be entered into a draw for a grand prize.
Why it matters:
- It gets people talking. Your biggest problem as an author right now is people not knowing who you are. Guerilla marketing tactics, when deployed correctly, get people talking about you and your books. And most importantly, they’ll tell others!
- It builds your brand. You, and everything you do, are part of your brand. Guerilla marketing allows you to connect with your readers and audience in a meaningful way. ONLY when people like you and trust you, they’ll buy from you. If you create your Guerilla marketing campaign with your readers in mind, you’ll make an unforgettable impression.
Take a chance on Guerilla marketing, you’ll be glad you did! And for more in-depth info on this subject, please click here: Best-Seller Bootcamp January 4th-31st – Pandamonium Publishing House